• Set VIP cho 50 tài khoản đầu tiên hoàn thành nhiệm vụ. Chi tiết Tại đây

What Theyve Worn What Theyve Worn

ymakerpi8d

Thượng đế
Football and fashion go hand in hand. Whether its Mottys sheepskin coat, Ljungbergs pants or Beckham in a skirt, what the superstars of the game wear off the pitch now attracts almost as much attention as what they do on it, and dont the big name designers know it. Armani, Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren are among those lining up to get the sports elite to don their labels on the catwalks of Paris and Milan.On the field however players are forced into their teams colours, and have been since the 1870s when the problem of distinguishing each team was addre sed through dre s. There are many reasons, and indeed legends, behind the colours and strips each team came to adopt, and over the years some strips have become iconic, such as Cruyffs two stripe Dutch kit, the famous red of Englands 1966 World Cup triumph or the sunshine glow of Brazils 1970 brilliance. Others however, have been simply dreadful.Delving into my wardrobe I realise that my beloved Aston Villa are no exception. In fact we seem to have had more than our fair share of fashion tragedies. Chief among these has to be the infamous Muller sponsored away kit worn between 1993 and 1995. Its colour scheme was a nauseating green, black and red, which is a colour clash that, quite frankly, even Jackson Pollock couldnt defend.Even Dwight Yorke couldnt make this look good.As far as shirt sponsors go Muller was a poor choice. OK, so it was a brand of yoghurt rather than some greedy multinational bank, but that doesnt change the fact that just saying Muller made you sound like you were being sick, and, if you were reading it off the front of this shirt, you probably were.Still even this monstrosity is spared the ignominy of being Aston Villas worst ever kit. That title has to go to the 2005/06 season away kit made by our Danish friends at Hummel. The first problem with this kit is that it Dallas Keuchel Jersey was yellow. Now as I have already alluded to above, I actually quite like yellow kits, invoking as they do the style and flow of their most famous occupants, the Brazilian national side. The problem is that if you have a yellow kit you have to play like Brazil, which Aston Villa couldnt. In 2005 Brazil had Ronaldinho at the peak of his powers. We had Eric Djemba-Djemba.To make matters worse the clubs sponsor at the time was a company called DWS Investments. So what? I hear you all cry, and rightfully so as in theory there is nothing wrong with that. In reality however the design of their logo gave the appearance that their name was actually Cows, meaning that, on already difficult away trips, the team had to take to the field in luminous yellow with the word Cows branded acro s their chests. They looked utterly ridiculous.Its Yellow. And it says Cows. Enough said.The 2005/06 Cows shirts also coincided with a terrible season for Aston Villa. With David OLeary in charge the club battled relegation all season, finally finishing 16th to narrowly preserve its top flight status. For me, this is key to what forms our memories on a certain seasons kit. A bad season is is likely to make us look back negatively at the kit worn, and a good season can do the opposite. Of my favourite ever Aston Villa kits the ones I hold most dear are the ones worn in times of succe s.Top of the list has to be the cla sic white away shirt worn by Aston Villa in their victory in the 1982 European Cup Final. The shirt is simple, the badge is central beneath a V-neck design and there is no sponsor. It is from the clubs most succe sful era and was the last shirt worn before garish shirt sponsorship became the norm. It is a throwback to a golden era, and its retro charm and glory have made it part of Aston Villa history.The home kit worn that year is also one of my favourites, it too had a simple V-neck design with the badge in the middle and no sponsor. These shirts were made by Le Coq Sportif, and are, in my opinion, our finest ever kits. They continue to sell well amongst fans even today, and with a Frenchman now in charge of the club I hope we seek inspiration from these cla sic strips to add a little je ne sais quoi to our shirt designs from now on.A special mention must be given to the kits worn for the 2008/09 and the 2009/10 seasons. For these two years Aston Villa adopted Acorns, a local childrens hospice, as their chief shirt sponsor, becoming the first Premier League team to use its shirt sponsor to promote a charity. Its innovation like this which is needed to make the football kit great again.

Liên kết

Sửa khóa Hà ĐôngThợ sửa khóa quận Hà Đông uy tín & tận tâm Sông Hồng Diamond City Dự án nhà ở tại chợ Đầu mối Nông Sản lớn nhất Hưng Yên Sửa máy lọc nước hà đông uy tín, chất lượng, nhanh chóng