• Set VIP cho 50 tài khoản đầu tiên hoàn thành nhiệm vụ. Chi tiết Tại đây

Raul left out of Euro 2008 squad

ymakerpi8d

Thượng đế
Real Madrid hitman Raul has been left out of Luis Aragones Euro 2008 squad.This latest omi sion will not come as much of a surprise to many, as Aragones has taken a tough anti-Raul stance since he dropped him from the Spain squad in 2006.Although Raul is the top scorer in the history of both the UEFA Champions League and the Spanish national side (44 goals in 102 apperances) the Real captain has not returned to wear the Red and Gold shirt since, something that has bemused Spanish fans.Aragones told BBC Sport, It isnt a case of Mitchell Robinson Jersey ending the debate over Raul, he said. I focus on the players not the clubs. There are other players who have scored more goals (than Raul) per minutes played, and they arent coming either.Another notable name that is mi sing from the list is Barcelonas 17-year-old striker Bojan, who has impre sed many during his first season for the Catalan giants. Aragones said his ommi sion was down to fatigue: I spoke with Bojan and he told me he was physically and mentally tired and I trust him when he says he isnt in the best shape to come.In other news from the squad, 5 members of the 23-man squad come from the heights of the English Premier League. Aragones has selected Liverpools Pepe Reina, Alvaro Arbeloa, Xabi Alonso and Fernando Torres, in addition to the PFA Young Player of the Year, Arsenals Cesc Fabregas. The other 18 players all ply their trade in Spain.However, the question still remains whether Spain will mi s Raul. This video gives you a taster of what Aragones squad will be mi sing.The full squad is shown below:Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Liverpool), Andres Palop (Sevilla).Defenders: Raul Albiol (Valencia), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Juanito Gutierrez (Real Betis), Fernando Navarro (Mallorca), Carles Puyol (FC Barcelona), Alvaro Arbeloa (Liverpool).Midfielders: Xavi Hernandez (FC Barcelona), Andres Iniesta (FC Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), David Silva (Valencia), Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), Ruben De La Red (Getafe), Marcos Senna (Villarreal), Santi Cazorla (Villarreal).Forwards: Fernando Torres (Liverpool), David Villa (Valencia), Daniel Guiza (Mallorca), Sergio Garcia (Zaragoza). (Source: BBC)